Here’s a swedish dish most people associate with Sweden, I’ve kind of just gotten through this recipe by trial and error and you can add whatever you’d like to. It’s really easy to make but fairly time cconsuming. You can add other things to spice them up a little bit, this is just a basic recipe. I used to make the meatballs with finely chopped carmelized onion which is pretty good too but we prefer them this way..
– 1 pound 93% ground beef
– Approxiomately 50 gram butter (more if needed/wanted)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 deciliter (possibly more) breadcrumbs.
1. Put the ground beef, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix it well.
2. Pour the breadcrumbs into a rounded plate.
3. Roll the meatballs into approxiomately 1-1/2 inch balls and then roll them in the breadcrumbs and put them aside.
4. Add some of the butter to a pan and set it on medium heat. Add as many meatballs as can fit comfortably in the pan and fry until browned and cooked all the way through.
5. Enjoy with mashed potatoes, lingonberry jam and brown sauce or with spaghetti and ketchup or whatever else sounds good..