Today’s recipe is a simple but delicious dessert that in Sweden is called “smulpaj”, which translates to crumble pie. You can either make it as apple pie or with berries, frozen or fresh both work. It is delicious and easy to make.
– 2 deciliters flour
– 1 deciliter sugar
– 115 gram butter (one stick) (plus one tablespoon)
– 4-5 deciliters berries or 1-2 apples
– 1/2-1 deciliter sugar for the berries or 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Turn on the oven at 400° F (200° C)
2. Butter a pan with the one tablespoon of butter.
3. Add the berries (this time, I used blueberries) to the pan.
4. Sprinkle the sugar on top of the blueberries (if you use apples, use cinnamon instead of the sugar)
5. Mix the flour and sugar together in a medium bowl.
6. Cut or separate the butter into the flour mixture, I usually do it with my hands.
7. Mix it together, I usually do this with my hands too but you can do it with a spoon, make sure it is still in crumbles though.
8. Crumble the “dough” over the blueberries. If you’re making apple crumble, sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
9. Put in the oven for approxiomately 20 minutes or until it turns golden
10. Enjoy warm with custard, ice cream or whipped cream!