Here’s a supereasy and yummy recipe that only has three ingredients. I found it on Comfortcooking.
– 2 sweet potatoes (or yams, whichever one is orange on the inside is the right one)
– 1/3-1/2 cup of bbq sauce (more as garnish)
– 1 pound cooked shredded chicken (recipe here)
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C)
2. Put foil in a baking pan and spray lightly with olive oil (or whatever other oil you wanna use, I like olive.) Cut the long side of the potatoes into halves and put them on the baking pan.
3. Bake potatoes in the middle of the oven for approxiomately 35 minutes (start the next step when there is circa 10 minutes left on the potatoes) or until softened.
4. Mix shredded chicken (recipe here) with the BBQ sauce and let sit on the stove on medium low heat for 5-10 minutes.
5. Take the potatoes out of the oven and top them with the chicken and some extra BBQ sauce.
Here’s a swedish dish most people associate with Sweden, I’ve kind of just gotten through this recipe by trial and error and you can add whatever you’d like to. It’s really easy to make but fairly time cconsuming. You can add other things to spice them up a little bit, this is just a basic recipe. I used to make the meatballs with finely chopped carmelized onion which is pretty good too but we prefer them this way..
– 1 pound 93% ground beef
– Approxiomately 50 gram butter (more if needed/wanted)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 deciliter (possibly more) breadcrumbs.
1. Put the ground beef, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix it well.
2. Pour the breadcrumbs into a rounded plate.
3. Roll the meatballs into approxiomately 1-1/2 inch balls and then roll them in the breadcrumbs and put them aside.
4. Add some of the butter to a pan and set it on medium heat. Add as many meatballs as can fit comfortably in the pan and fry until browned and cooked all the way through.
5. Enjoy with mashed potatoes, lingonberry jam and brown sauce or with spaghetti and ketchup or whatever else sounds good..
Here’s a recipe for shredded chicken which I use for enchiladas and BBQ chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. It’s from the amazing The Skinnytaste Cookbook.
– 2.5 pounds chicken breasts (that’s enough for both enchiladas and the stuffed sweet potatoes.
– 1 quartered onion
– 2-3 cups chicken broth
1. Put the chicken, the quartered onion and pour enough broth to cover the chicken.
2. Get rid of the broth and onion and put the chicken on a cutting board.
3. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Since I, for once, wore something other than sweats/pajamas while cooking, I let hubby take a picture of me..
4. Use for the meal right away and if you have leftovers, put it in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Chicken should be good for at least a few days.