Wanna know what today’s lesson is? Use a big enough pan, it worked this time, but better safe than sorry.. Anyway, here’s a recipe for pasta al forno which I love love love..
– 500 grams pasta penne (1 package)
– 200 grams mozzarella (or more, I use a lot cause mozzarella is basically the best)
– 1 1/2 tablespoon shredded parmesan
– 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
– 2-3 zucchinis
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 yellow onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– 2 carrots
– 500 grams crushed tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon tomato purée
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– Olive oil
1. Boil water on high, add the pasta and some salt and boil until tender.
2. Chop the zucchini, carrots and onion into pieces and press the garlic.
3. Fry the carrots, onions, zucchini and garlic in the olive oil until softened.
4. Brown the ground beef and add the tacoseasoning (recipe here).
5. Mix the ground beef, crushed tomatoes, tomato purée and the vegetables and add some pepper to taste. Simmer under a lid for 20 minutes.
6. Spray a pan lightly with olive oil and then add half of the pasta.
7. Then layer with half of the ground beef mixture.
8. Layer with half the mozzarella and half the parmesan. Repeatwith the pasta and ground beef. Top with mozzarella, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
9. Gratinate in oven for 20 minutes.